Monday, August 17, 2009

PRAHE-JUNY09(MIGHTY SOUNDS) FESTIVAL







PRAHE-JUNY09(MIGHTY SOUNDS) FESTIVAL

Czech Republic 2009

It was a good chance to visit Prague when friends of mine playing with “La Gossa Sorda” told me were going to put on concert in a Czech festival, such event called mighty festival were in Olsi, a small village about 15km from the South Bohemian town of Tabor, around 100km south of the capital city Prague.

Prague was already one of my future destinations, as I new such city was not going to led me down.. and actually it didn´t is more beautiful and charming than I was expecting. I could even feel I was in the meddle age, and nothing to envy other European city with entertainment in the night.

I could really enjoy by myself the first couple of days before the festival in the capital were I met some American people who were staying in the same hostel like me.

My second I made my way to Tabor to arrive on time to watch Mark foggos´s concert. I have to say the weather during the day was great but however as sun was getting dark the rain was coming and we were forced the stay with the mud for a while.

Although “La Gossa sorda” was arriving the day after I decided to cover the festival as a press photographer. I had fun with all that Czech people and a really enjoyed the festival but had to be postponed for a while because of the rain.

Second day of the festival, as son I wake up I wonder if my friend already arrived and I went to VIP zone to have a look and snidely I sow them just getting off from the couch, such a surprise when I thought was going to be hard to find out about one each other.

I have to say the Gossa sorda´s gig was successful. I never thought north European people was that much on Ska music I could see hundreds of people, their lyrics, in Catalan and the way they staging made the first experience of La Gossa Sorda abroad something to be proud of..

spite of the weather people were still getting overexcited with

Such a mixture of rock, punk, reggae and ska interacting a hard social critic against the right-winged establishment, seething for a change of mind and political status of their country.

After stay over night in house in the country side we went to Prague to fulfill a perfect trip having fun and visiting all those places this offer to everyone.

No comments: